X-rays are a specific diagnostic test to give the doctor an inside look at what is going on with the bone structure and surrounding tissue.
Reasons for a Spinal X-Ray:
- Help with finding the cause of ongoing pain, numbness, or weakness
- Check for arthritis between the spinal bones
- Check injuries to the spine, such as fracture, dislocation or spinal instability
- Check the spine for effects from other problems, such as infections, tumors, or bone spurs
- Check for abnormal spinal curvatures
- Check the spine congenital anomalies
- Check changes in the spine after spinal surgery
- Images are performed on a case by case basis and are determined after your examination.